Midwest Auto Scene
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

eacv wiring

Go down

eacv wiring Empty eacv wiring

Post  typeRef Sun Feb 10, 2008 6:14 am

i got a 97 civic with a b16 swap. needless to say it runs like shit and i think i figured out why. there is only one wire going to the eacv. im pretty sure there are supposed to be 2 wires going there. blu/yel and a blk/yel. i looked at my wire schematics for my 90 civic and thats what it shows. i figured that since hondas made things almost identical on most stuff that they would be the same. i dont have any schematics for the 97. also the wire harness was custom made ( not by me ) to go to a b-series ecu and then a obd2 to obd1 conversion. now on my 90 wire schematic it shows the one wire going to the ecu and the other wire going to the main relay.

but the reason why i say my car runs like shit is cause it oes the stutter box thing when it first starts and then it gets terrible gas mileage. vtec also dont work either but thats my next project to figure out. but if the wires go to the same place compared to my 90 civic, then i think that im missing the wire to go to the ecu. reason for saying that is cause i dont think the car will run at all if the other wire is not there, cause after the main relay it goes to the fuel pump.

any help or suggestions would be highly appreciated.
typeRef
typeRef

Male Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2008-01-14

Back to top Go down

eacv wiring Empty Re: eacv wiring

Post  typeRef Sun Feb 10, 2008 9:40 am

i dont know how i missed this but uts not an obd1 motor. its obd0. it dont have the 5 wire o2 sensor and it dont have the sensor on top of the throttle body. so now mim assuming i have the 160 hp jdm b16a that came in the siR's. i was told it was the 170hp siRII model but now i guess not. oh well.

i just had to re solder 3 wires for the jumper pack and it runs better but i till think it has an eacv problem. it still stutter boxes when its cold and the throttle response is super touchy.
typeRef
typeRef

Male Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2008-01-14

Back to top Go down