Midwest Auto Scene
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tranny Drops Out

2 posters

Go down

Tranny Drops Out Empty Tranny Drops Out

Post  Uncle Buck Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:28 am

so ya kinda been pissed the last couple of days.... my baby Dahlia (my preludes name) decided she was gonna take a dive... i was driving home from the GF's the other day and as i started to go up a small hill on the highway my car had acted as if the tranny popped out of gear... naturally i thought my clutch was shot... so i popped the hood and looked at my clutch res. popped the cap and it was still full... started the car back up put it in gear and drove just fine for another mile and up and quit again.... so called the roomates and pulled me back to the shop.... i bled my clutch and put new fluid in... so now if i put in gear and try to take off, you can hear the clutch still want to kick in... so i know the clutch is just fine.... but i noticed my speedo still works... which i find ironic.... my car showed no signs of grinding gears..so ive come to several thoughts... perhaps my differencial is shot.... or i have a busted axle inside the boot.... anyone else have thoughts?
Uncle Buck
Uncle Buck
Moder-Hater

Male Number of posts : 115
Registration date : 2008-01-11

Back to top Go down

Tranny Drops Out Empty Re: Tranny Drops Out

Post  typeRef Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:33 am

i had that happen to me once and it was a busted axle inside the boot. i also thought the tranny went so i went to pull it and started with axles and when i pulled the one axle it just slid right out of the boot.
typeRef
typeRef

Male Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2008-01-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Uncle Buck Thu Jan 31, 2008 6:19 am

well i crawled up under the car and discovered that the half shaft had come unbolted from block.... popped out of the tranny... well that might be a start in the right direction Surprised
Uncle Buck
Uncle Buck
Moder-Hater

Male Number of posts : 115
Registration date : 2008-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down