Midwest Auto Scene
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Give me your opinion?

4 posters

Go down

Give me your opinion? Empty Give me your opinion?

Post  1.8liter Mon Jan 14, 2008 11:05 am

About LSVTEC's and CRVTEC's? or the K24/K20 Hybrid swap? Are they better boosted or N/A? Are they good daily driven motors or weekend worries? I want to see what everyone thinks
1.8liter
1.8liter

Male Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2008-01-14

Back to top Go down

Give me your opinion? Empty Re: Give me your opinion?

Post  Kries Mon Jan 14, 2008 12:29 pm

answer these first.
1. What car is it going into?
2. whats your budget?
3. Daily Driven or Track?
4. Hp and Tq goals?
Kries
Kries
Admin

Male Number of posts : 209
Registration date : 2008-01-08

https://necarclub.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  BOWERS Mon Jan 14, 2008 1:54 pm

Kries wrote:answer these first.
2. whats your budget?
4. Hp and Tq goals?

X2
BOWERS
BOWERS
Track Whore and Admin

Male Number of posts : 226

http://www.myspace.com/rmdbowers

Back to top Go down

Post  1.8liter Mon Jan 14, 2008 4:28 pm

Kries wrote:answer these first.
2. whats your budget?
4. Hp and Tq goals?

You didn't get what I asked! I wanted to know you thought about them. Number three I asked already. I've been through LSVTEC's and no they are not daily driving motors. They are weekend and track motors. HP goals is whats in your budget. So that answers 2 and 4. Number one is what ever car you want it in.
I always hear about people saying I'm going to build a LSVTEC blah blah blah and daily drive it hahahaha I say have fun with that.
1.8liter
1.8liter

Back to top Go down

Post  J Rod Mon Jan 14, 2008 6:18 pm

I am gonna drive my LS/Vtec daily till it goes then prolly go JDM ITR swap with massive amounts of bolt ons. Personally, I havent had shit for luck with them, I hope this changes.
J Rod
J Rod
Moder-Hater

Male Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2008-01-13

http://www.nestreetscene.com

Back to top Go down

Post  BOWERS Tue Jan 15, 2008 1:11 am

When done correctly the LS/B20/Vtec motors will last you a few years. If you just plug the oil galley, slap the head on to the B series non-vtec short block of your desire with no additional precautions i.e. gsr/itr oil pump, arp rod bolts, better set of rods and pistons, re-balance crank, resurfaced head, deck the block...etc. You will have problems no questions asked, but like I said when you take the time and build it right it will last you awhile. I've seen too many times of people slapping the head on to the block running the stock rev limit and pretending the motor is a full build and then they beat the shit of it and wonder why it blows up on them 2-3 months later...if it makes it that long. This would be a motor best left N/A IMO and used for the track as in road racing...Good low end torque with an awesome top end, my friends motor will last him around 2 seasons of just track use.

K24/K20 hybrid - Probably one of the more pricey setups but this combo hands down will give you some of the best results for a n/a set up. I haven't seen too many people doing forced induction on these motors, but I have seen a few of them tracked and the power they make is insane for a 4cyl...If I had the cash I would be running this setup in my integra.
BOWERS
BOWERS
Track Whore and Admin

Male Number of posts : 226

http://www.myspace.com/rmdbowers

Back to top Go down

Post  1.8liter Tue Jan 15, 2008 3:41 pm

BOWERS wrote:When done correctly the LS/B20/Vtec motors will last you a few years. If you just plug the oil galley, slap the head on to the B series non-vtec short block of your desire with no additional precautions i.e. gsr/itr oil pump, arp rod bolts, better set of rods and pistons, re-balance crank, resurfaced head, deck the block...etc. You will have problems no questions asked, but like I said when you take the time and build it right it will last you awhile. I've seen too many times of people slapping the head on to the block running the stock rev limit and pretending the motor is a full build and then they beat the shit of it and wonder why it blows up on them 2-3 months later...if it makes it that long. This would be a motor best left N/A IMO and used for the track as in road racing...Good low end torque with an awesome top end, my friends motor will last him around 2 seasons of just track use.

K24/K20 hybrid - Probably one of the more pricey setups but this combo hands down will give you some of the best results for a n/a set up. I haven't seen too many people doing forced induction on these motors, but I have seen a few of them tracked and the power they make is insane for a 4cyl...If I had the cash I would be running this setup in my integra.
well F'ing said!!!!!! Your good!!!
1.8liter
1.8liter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum