Midwest Auto Scene
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Auto X question for bowers and other helpful people

5 posters

Go down

Auto X question for bowers and other helpful people Empty Auto X question for bowers and other helpful people

Post  shortstop Mon Jan 21, 2008 5:43 am

To start off my name is jay. i have a 99 civic coupe with tein springs, tokiko struts, b16 swap turbo and other little things. Would i fall in modified class? When/Where/How often does auto x go on here in nebraska/iowa? would like to at least try it out, have a lil fun with it. Also have 89 hatch thats stock that i wouldnt mind beatin up around a course. Thanks in advance.

shortstop

Male Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2008-01-20

Back to top Go down

Auto X question for bowers and other helpful people Empty Re: Auto X question for bowers and other helpful people

Post  Conechaser Mon Jan 21, 2008 3:53 pm

shortstop wrote:To start off my name is jay. i have a 99 civic coupe with tein springs, tokiko struts, b16 swap turbo and other little things. Would i fall in modified class? When/Where/How often does auto x go on here in nebraska/iowa? would like to at least try it out, have a lil fun with it. Also have 89 hatch thats stock that i wouldnt mind beatin up around a course. Thanks in advance.

The turbo will put you into Street Modified (SM) or D Modified (DM) I think you would have more fun and more competition in SM. Personally, the stock hatch would be the car I would bring out first. Learn in something slow and on stock suspension to get a feel for how the sport is done. I am guessing that car would run in H Stock (HS)

The 2008 Nebraska Region SCCA schedule is still being set... but we normally do about a dozen events between the Omaha/CouncilBluffs/Lincoln/Hastings area. We also do about a half dozen RallyX events (think AutoX on dirt) as well as put on 4 road racing events between MAM and MPH.
You should be able to find it and more info on AutoX (aka Solo) here:
www.nrscca.com
You can also find ALL the rules at:
http://www.scca.com/contentpage.aspx?content=61
http://www.scca.com/documents/Solo%20Rules/2008_Solo_Rules_2.pdf
Conechaser
Conechaser

Male Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2008-01-15

Back to top Go down

Auto X question for bowers and other helpful people Empty Re: Auto X question for bowers and other helpful people

Post  BOWERS Tue Jan 22, 2008 12:13 am

Thanks for chiming in Jan!
BOWERS
BOWERS
Track Whore and Admin

Male Number of posts : 226
Registration date : 2008-01-08

http://www.myspace.com/rmdbowers

Back to top Go down

Post  Uncle Buck Tue Jan 22, 2008 12:45 am

indeed take out the hatch first..... i kinda screwed myself starting out.... threw on some mods and got tossed in a high class.... then i had to fight to get to the top of the board.... then worst of all is hitting cones and ya get all embarrassed Embarassed
Uncle Buck
Uncle Buck
Moder-Hater

Male Number of posts : 115
Registration date : 2008-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post  MugenWhore Tue Jan 22, 2008 9:03 am

...embarassed? oh come on hitting cones is the fun part haha
MugenWhore
MugenWhore

Male Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2008-01-14

Back to top Go down

Post  shortstop Tue Jan 22, 2008 9:26 am

ok the hatch sounded like the safer car anyways. thanks for the info. anyone have any personal records on cones knocked over? might see if i can top it lol!

shortstop

Back to top Go down

Post  MugenWhore Tue Jan 22, 2008 9:56 am

a guys named kris here, whom drives a 240sx took out a whole x box idk how many cones that was but it was alot and buck here took out 4 cones at like 40 mph haha and i was standing like 20 ft away when he hit them
MugenWhore
MugenWhore

Male Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2008-01-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Uncle Buck Tue Jan 22, 2008 11:05 am

40mph??? more like 56 Rolling Eyes and that was the first time and most expensive thing ive ever broken on my car during a autox..... ill never be able to replace that smoked out license plate cover Shocked ....i still have a pic from my tire marks when i locked up my brakes to Laughing
Uncle Buck
Uncle Buck
Moder-Hater

Male Number of posts : 115
Registration date : 2008-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post  BOWERS Tue Jan 22, 2008 12:01 pm

lol, I alsways get crap...I only hit 4 all year, I've been told that I need to drive more aggressive lol.
BOWERS
BOWERS
Track Whore and Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  shortstop Wed Jan 23, 2008 3:44 am

well i hope i can get out there and knock some of these cones over this summer. will have to keep in touch and updated on whats happening. I plan on going out a couple times unless for some reason it becomes another addiction. Very Happy

shortstop

Back to top Go down

Post  Conechaser Wed Jan 23, 2008 10:41 am

shortstop wrote:well i hope i can get out there and knock some of these cones over this summer. will have to keep in touch and updated on whats happening. I plan on going out a couple times unless for some reason it becomes another addiction. Very Happy

It will become a definate addiction once you try it. (...and try to avoid hitting the cones... Razz )
Conechaser
Conechaser

Male Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2008-01-15

Back to top Go down

Post  BOWERS Wed Jan 23, 2008 10:46 am

Conechaser wrote:
shortstop wrote:well i hope i can get out there and knock some of these cones over this summer. will have to keep in touch and updated on whats happening. I plan on going out a couple times unless for some reason it becomes another addiction. Very Happy

It will become a definate addiction once you try it. (...and try to avoid hitting the cones... Razz )

x2, it's very addicting and then you'll want to move on to bigger and better things! But solo2 is awesome and you get to push your car to the limits in a safe controlled environment.
BOWERS
BOWERS
Track Whore and Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down